Thursday, February 19, 2009

Officer Involved Domestic Violence

We are all powerful and it's up to us to speak out and fight for legislation that directly addresses how Officer Involved Domestic Violence cases are treated, investigated and prosecuted. How can we go to the law if our abusers are the law? Join me in fighting for legislation. Let's stop this craziness. Please e-mail your state senators, anyone in state government and be brave enough to fight for justice on a federal level. I've got a list that includes 629 cases of Officer Involved Domestic Homicides - thanks to so many who have dedicated countless hours to researching these cases- and thanks to them, I realized I wasn't alone. Combine that list with the thousands upon thousands of cases of physical and mental abuse that don't result in homicide, there is no way to ignore the fact that there is a growing epidemic.

I am a firm believer that most in law enforcement are honest, caring individuals who wear their badges with pride and dignity. Unfortunately, there are some out there who wear their badges to gain control over unsuspecting victims. I became one of those victims and I will spend the rest of my life fighting to stop this type of violence. I still have a voice and I will continue to fight for justice for all victims.

Please join me and support our mission to stop this type of violence. We can't do it alone. Please also join me in prayer that no one else will have to die or become a statistic of Officer Involved Domestic Violence. God bless every life lost and every life being tormented.

No comments:

Post a Comment